Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This is the Tale of Thursday Kickball

Another Thursday night has come and gone.  We've seen flip cup, dancing, and even some boom cup.  Yeah, that's right...boom cup.

One observation: It seems that the new "it" song played at the Exchange is Jack Sparrow by The Lonely Island and Michael Bolton.  I'll give the song credit.  The song is so well performed that some people listen to it and don't even realize that it isn't a "real" song.

And now, here are some more Five Questions and Flip Cup Power Rankings...

David K - Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am

  1. Why NAKID? A friend recommended it.
  2. How would you rate your flip cup skills? Average.
  3. Cup size? Regular.
  4. Favorite position? Top.
  5. Have you ever been too drunk to fish? Yes
Word Association

Whalen - Person
Ball - Kick
Exchange - Student
Beer - Pony
Score - Board
And in the background, his teammate shares his thoughts

Amanda P - Drinking You Pretty
  1. Why NAKID? Why Not?
  2. How would you rate your flip cup skills? 11 out of 10.
  3. Cup size? 8.5 oz.
  4. Favorite position? Short.
  5. Have you ever been too drunk to fish? Yes
Word Association

Whalen - Awesome
Ball - Testicle
Exchange - Beer
Beer - College
Score - Sexy

Afterwards, she bought the bar a round of shots

Colleen G - Pitch Slapped
  1. Why NAKID? Isn't it fun?
  2. How would you rate your flip cup skills? B
  3. Cup size? D.
  4. Favorite position? On top.
  5. Have you ever been too drunk to fish? I don't fish.
Word Association

Whalen - Good guy
Ball - Blue
Exchange - Fluids
Beer - Good
Score - Lucky

I don't know if she actually knew I was taking this picture

Flip Cup Power Rankings

Last time, I used the power of the mysterious and all-knowing Oracle to help me with these rankings.  But sadly, the Oracle has stopped responding to my requests. 

With the Oracle unavailable to me, I had to rely on what is perhaps nature's second most mysterious creature: The platypus.

I consulted with my good friend Spearmint the Platypus to share his opinions on the best flip cup teams on Thursday night.  Here is what he had to say:

5. Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am - I like them.  Not a lot, but I like them.
4. Drinking You Pretty - They almost never play as a team, but still the most talent out there.  By far.
3. We Are Kicking, We Are Kicking - Good, but they could improve.
2. DTF - But are they really?
1. Team Awesome Sauce - They play often and then make with the sexy time.  This earns them the top spot in my book.

Unlike the Oracle, the platypus is admittedly not all-seeing and all-knowing.  If you feel your team's triumphs are not being properly accounted for, please send an email to weeklybrew@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment