I realized that all it would take to help restore the Brew to its once spectacular glory was a little effort on my part.
So a little effort is what I gave. Last Thursday night at the Exchange, I grabbed my camera, a pen, and a legal pad and asked some people the question, “Would you like to be interviewed for the Weekly Brew?”
Responses included: “No thanks,” “What's the Weekly Brew?” and “Get away from me you little weirdo.”
I quickly realized that perhaps trying to interview people while they were waiting in line for the bathroom might not have been the best strategy.
After relocating myself, I finally found a few people willing (drunk enough?) to have their picture taken and answer some simple questions.
I asked everyone a set of five questions and then did some word associations with some terms familiar to most NAKIDs.
Elizabeth D, Drinking You Pretty
- Why NAKID? Because it's awesome.
- How would you rate your flip cup skills? I don't know...make me sound intelligent.
- Cup size? Half full.
- Favorite position? Sun salutation.
- Have you ever been too drunk to fish? I've only been crabbing.
- Whalen – Boss
- Beer – Happy
- Exchange – Beer
- Ball – Kick
- Score – Home run
|Which one is Liz? I'll let you decide for yourself.|
Howie S, The Rhythm Method
- Why NAKID? Why not?
- How would you rate your flip cup skills? Streaky.
- Cup size? Big enough.
- Favorite position? Any.
- Have you ever been too drunk to fish? Hell yeah.
- Whalen – Old
- Beer – Tasty
- Exchange – Fluids
- Ball – Busters (Excellent answer!)
- Score – Happy ending
|Don't let the smile fool you. He's as hard as they come.|
Mike W, Kick in a Box
1. Why NAKID? Why not?
2. How would you rate your flip cup skills? Yes.
3. Cup size? Large.
4. Favorite position? Why do you make me have to think?
5. Have you ever been too drunk to fish? Yes.
- Whalen – Old
- Beer – Good
- Exchange – *Censored*
- Ball – Enlarged
- Score – A lot
|For some reason he also kept telling me how much he hated me.|
Beaumont B, Bumpits
- Why NAKID? It's fun.
- How would you rate your flip cup skills? 7
- Cup size? 7
- Favorite position? Top
- Have you ever been too drunk to fish? Yes.
Whalen – Wonderful
Ball – Kick
Exchange – Beer
Beer – Moose (This might have been because I was wearing a moose hat at the time)
Score – Sex
|Officially cooler than you.|
Flip Cup Power Rankings
You might have thought that the flip cup games that take place on Thursday nights are meaningless. Sure, they've been fun, and they've led to some drunken, fun times, but ultimately, they don't count for anything.
But that changes...now.
Thanks to the help of the Weekly Brew's very special magical Oracle, there will now be a weekly power rankings of the best teams.
Here's the top five and what the Oracle has to say about them.
5. Balls Deep - Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still.
4. Kick in a Box - If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
3. Head First into Third - A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections.2. I Kicked a Ball and I Liked It -Each generation will reap what the former generation has sown.
1. We are Kicking, We are Kicking - A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials.
Now you might be saying, “That's all well and good for Thursday nights, but what about those of us who play on other days? Don't we deserve mention in the Weekly Brew as well?”
Yes, you most certainly do. But unfortunately, I am only one man and can't be at the bar every night to recap the assuredly hilarious ongoings.
So that is where you come in. We need people to volunteer to roam around the bar to record the happenings and interview random, unsuspecting people. All you need is a writing utensil and a camera. And if you're feeling especially clever, you can simply do it all on your phone.
If you feel you are up to this task, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will run you through a grueling, rigorous interview process to see if you are truly Brew-worthy.
With your help, the Weekly Brew blog will once again be filled with useful content. Otherwise...well, I hope you can't wait to read next month's interview with Abraham Lincoln.